Saturday 1 December 2007

Blood blood blood blood

Wow, that sleeping pill hit me pretty hard last night. I was woken this morning out of really quite a deep sleep, to have my blood taken; I completely failed to notice the nurse cleaning my line, drawing 20ml and tidying up afterwards, and though she'd just forgotten to do it. Weird. Anyway, she also set me up with a drip while she was in; I was due 3 units (!) of blood, apparently due to start some time that morning. As it happened, the first bag didn't show up until 1pm, so I spent the morning feeling all rubbish and anaemic.

I felt absolutely invincible in the evening, though, after I'd had the first few in. Lacking anything else particularly worthy of my superhumanly boosted work ethic and powers of concentration, I messed about with a couple of mathsy/programming problems on Project Euler, and polished off a big chunk of the work remaining on my aunt's site. Maybe I'll finish the rest tomorrow while I'm still feeling the benefit of the blood.

Apart from the unprecedented blood transfusion, there wasn't an awful lot went on today. I got through the quite funny Vernon God Little, and watched a movie with my lunch. Mum and dad visited variously throughout the day, with mum leaving in the afternoon to go to see my sister in the Glasgow Gang Show and taking her and her friends out to get some food afterwards. Apparently they all met Franz Ferdinand at the café they went to. Dad came up for a while in the evening and had some soup for his dinner, and we shared quite a nice bottle of perry. Mum popped up after dropping my sister off with her friends, and then they headed down the road together.

No comments: