Wednesday 26 December 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I don't really have an excuse other than festive laziness — I was too busy watching television during the time I'd normally have spent blogging to write anything.

Yesterday was quite good fun. Mum, dad, Francis, Gabriel and Madeleine all came up to visit in the morning, and brought me my presents. Socks and bottles of smelly stuff dominated the proceedings (the staff bought me a little nice little French Connection toiletries set), but I also got an impossible jigsaw puzzle, a Mighty Boosh DVD and a copy of More Brain Training for the DS. Apparently my brain age is 60.

All of the excitement got to me pretty quickly, and everyone cleared out after lunch to let me take a nap. I ended up spending most of the rest of the day on my own (aaaaw), which is a first for me on Christmas. Mum and dad came to visit again for a while in the evening, and we watched Doctor Who. After this, I channel surfed for a while and then went to sleep for the night.

I was woken up at 1 o'clock and then at 2:30am to have some blood taken for one of the tests they run against my antibiotics dosage, then again later in the morning for my regular full blood count sample. I'm sure there were other interruptions during boxing day morning, because I woke up at nine o'clock feeling pretty shattered. To compound this feeling of rubbishness, the relatively rich food I ate yesterday conspired with the fizzy lucozade I've basically been living on to give me quite a sore tummy throughout the day. As a result, I just tried to sleep as possible; I did watch the first third of The Godfather Part II, but apart from that I really did sleep – or at least doze – for most of the day.

Mum and dad were up to visit during the afternoon, and left to drive dad to the airport. He flew out to Uist for a short break on his own, just him and his cold, at the little house we have up there. He'll be back down in Glasgow next week, at which point Mum plans to go up to Uist with, with Madeleine I think. Anyway, Mum visited again in the evening, but I slept right through this; I only heard from the nurses later on that she'd been up.

I'm going to watch another hour of this movie now, I think, and then go back to bed. Good night.

1 comment:

euan said...

greetings from the Mitchells and Mackellars-just back from the annual panto outing. A return to the Kings after a few years -now with Karen Dunbar instead of Elaine C and guess what only the body shape has changed-dialoge is almost exactly the same. Anyway back to the housre for topo much food and windread to think what your nutritionist would think!!
Lots of love from us all-I feel another excuse for a glass of fizz!
The Clan XXXXXX