Friday 30 November 2007

Four weeks

Well, that's four weeks down since my diagnosis was originally phoned home; I was in Jim's Bar at the QMU this time last month, feeling bored and just a little under the weather. Now I just feel bored, so I that's an improvement. Wish I was in the pub.

Oh well. Quiet day today; read a little in the morning, messed around withe Clare's site for a bit. Dr. Tansy popped round on his last ward round at about 11; the consultants cycle through Glasgow's haemotology and oncology wards each month, so I'll be meeting someone new tomorrow. Mum was up during lunch, and had a lasagne from the fridge while I had some quite nice breaded haddock. She headed down the road to supervise delivery of the new fridge, and I got back to doing nothing much. I started watching the last of my stockpile of back episodes of Heroes over dinner, but dad turned up during the title sequence; I'll watch it some other time. Mum was also up for another brief visit while dad was here, and left just a little after he did.

Anyway, it's quickly becoming apparent that the crafty pharmacist put my sleeping pill in with the stuff I was given earlier in the evening, rather than leaving it with me, so I'm going to have to cut out a bit earlier than usual tonight.

No comments: