Friday 7 December 2007

Freedom!

It's been determined that my neutrophil counts are now high enough that I'll survive outside of isolation. Therefore, and because I have no pressing treatments looming, I should be allowed to return home on day pass; this means I'll be allowed outside of the hospital, and only have to return in the mornings to get my blood taken. I'm quite happy with this news — I've spent five weeks, now, in this room, and it'll be really nice to get out for the change alone.

Michelle Scott popped in for a visit today, and mum came in to meet her. They talked for a while about the sorts of things that it'd be inadvisable for me to do once I got out – this was before I was told I'd be getting out tomorrow, when the assumption was "next week-ish" – and just chatted generally with each other for a while. I was feeling a little tired, so I just let them get on. Eventually they both headed off, mum to feed the family and Michelle presumably to see another patient, and I got back to messing about on the computer.

There's not a lot else to say about today; my usual updates on what I'm reading, and so on, seem rather inconsequential next to the big news of my looming release. I wonder what I'll write about tomorrow.

1 comment:

euan said...

Great news - just don't overdo it.

Will you look like Mel Gibson in braveheart?

Eugene