Sunday 9 December 2007

Another day at home

I slept well last night, in my own bed, and woke up at about eight. Once we'd got my morning pills out of the way, mum and I had breakfast and headed off back to the hospital for my blood count. We got there at quarter past ten, and I had blood taken and my dressing looked at; we waited around for the results to come back, or rather mum waited while I took a nap, and then we were allowed to go back home. Mum dropped me off, and went to buy some food for lunch; I went upstairs and rested for a while.

I invited James, Ewan and Michelle around for lunch, and they arrived at about three o'clock. We just sat around and talked for a while, but it was good fun and it was really nice to see people again. Mum made a delicious spinach and ricotta lasagne for us, and left us to our own devices. Unfortunately, inevitably, I got a bit tired and had to shoo everyone off for about half past five.

After a couple of hours of rest, we had dinner; dad made some chilli which I had with pita bread, rice being deemed off-limits just to be on the safe side. Home-made food really is the greatest stuff in the world, one just doesn't appreciate what one has till it's gone. After all the food and excitement of the day, I retired to the attic and read for a while. Ten o'clock at the hospital again, tomorrow, so I'll sign off now and go get some sleep.

No comments: