Monday 26 November 2007

Nothing interesting happened yesterday

I woke up quite early on Sunday, finished reading Our Man In Havana before breakfast. Mum came up to visit in the afternoon, and I had a short nap; she headed down the road to go to mass, then came back up with dad for dinner. They talked for a while about putting in a new kitchen, and about whether I was getting enough fluids now that I've been taken off of the saline IV, and left at about nine o'clock; I started reading Iain M. Banks' Use of Weapons, one of his Culture series, then went to sleep.

Today was better. Mum came up after lunch, and brought a portable hard drive containing my music collection and a bunch of American telly which I'd downloaded, along with enough movies to keep me going for a while; organising everything into iTunes alone, will be hours of fun for a rainy afternoon. We tried to figure out from our recollections of the treatment protocol whether I'd be home for Christmas -- barring infection or other complications it really rather looks like I will -- and listened to the news on the radio. Some mix-up in the kitchen resulted in my being sent pureed chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots for my dinner, bizarrely enough, which mum was good enough to choke down; I had a microwave pasta thing from the fridge. After tea, mum headed off to the drawing class she's doing at Glasgow; I kept an eye on an eBay auction for my 21st birthday/Christmas present, a Leica M6 camera.

Later on, dad came to visit; he sat and did some work while I burned him some CDs and babysat my auction. I won, in the end, and for a good three hundred or so pounds less than what I was willing to pay. Taking a new camera out to play is definitely something I'm looking forwards to once I get out of isolation, now; in the meantime, it'll be good to get some pictures of all of the people who've been taking such good care of me. Dad left at about half past nine, and I listened to some music for a while; I think I'll got to bed, now.

3 comments:

Eugene said...

Simon

I know you're eating enough to choke a horse but does your mother really have to have a kitchen fitted for you in the hospital?

There's nothing wrong with pink jumpers.

All the very best

MiriamMcKernan said...

Hiya simon. mum is interested how u had so much money. i just want to know how pink jumpers comes into this??? but karyn and natalie say hi and get well soon, but school seems okay just now. Yesterday we just went to the cinema.bye. love you loads XxX •*°*•maud•*°*

MiriamMcKernan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.