Tuesday 27 November 2007

Occupational therapy

As a bit of a change of pace from the usual reading and online time-wasting, I spent a while this morning working on coding up a little art gallery and journal website for my aunt Clare. It's quite good fun, having a little project to be getting on with; it feels kind of normal. I think I'll put a couple of wee hours of work a day into it, while I'm in here, then sort out actually putting it online once I get out.

Mum was up for a while after lunchtime, and we had a little lentil soup together. She brought up my old Canon EOS 5 with her, so now I'll be able to take some pictures of the people who've been keeping me alive this past month. I've no idea why I didn't think to get a camera earlier, I suppose the idea of being locked in a room for six weeks just isn't all that inspiring to photography-type thoughts. Well, I have my camera now and I'll get some spare film tomorrow, so we'll see how I get on with those.

Before dinner, I was paid another visit by the dietician; she was pleased to see that my weight appears to have stabilised. She had a look over the food intake chart which I've been keeping since last we met, and prescribed cream crackers and cheese (yay!) as a snack. She left me with a crate of the accursed nutrient milkshakes, to help me get on the road to putting on some of the weight I've lost; I'll need to see about getting in some nice fatty peanuts or similar, to speed the process. I wonder how long it will take to put on a stone?

Finally, dad came by for an hour later in the evening. Coatbridge, the town where his nursery school is sited, has just been voted the dreariest place in Scotland; this is a good thing, apparently, to be able to put on one's grant applications. Every cloud, I suppose, has a silver lining.

No comments: