Tuesday 8 January 2008

Phase two complete

I received my final consolidation dose of cytarabine today, thus completing the second phase of my treatment. All I need do now is wait a week or so for my counts to recover, and I should be getting back out for a while. What happens afterwards depends on how quickly the tissue typing for my transplant comes through; I'll either get a short break on a much less intensive course of chemotherapy, or go straight back on to the IV methotrexate and other nasty stuff. Here's hoping for a donor.

Anyway, not a lot else to be said for the past couple of days. I've been sleeping a lot, as usual, but not a lot else. Speaking of which, I probably should go to bed now. Good night.

1 comment:

Aidan C said...

Simon, just done a shed load of studying on cytarabine for uni so if u want any info for your blog you know where I am?! Take care mate. Aidan x