Monday 14 January 2008

Nothing much going on

I've spent most of this week sitting around, waiting for my counts to come up. My neutrophils are currently at 0.2, Dr Tansey would like to see 0.3 before he'll let me go home for a while. The only procedure of note, recently, was a CT scan; from what I surmise, this was intended to give the doctors a look at my lymph nodes, presumably so that they can pinpoint with greater accuracy just where I am on the tALL-slash-lymphoma spectrum. I haven't heard any results from that, but I haven't spoken to a consultant lately. Apart from that, it's been quiet here. My weight has started to come up, albeit very slowly, which I attribute as much to my lucozade diet as to the break in chemotherapy. I'll have a fish supper if I get home tomorrow, see if I can't capitalise on this upswing.

Anyway, it's late now. I'll try not to let myself go this long between posts in future, even when there isn't anything happening. Good night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats good news - hope you enjoy your fish supper - don't worry about delays in writing - we on this side of the blog probably need a few lessons on patience anyway.

cheers
Clare and all at The Anchorage

maleys bhoy said...

Hi Simon

let us know if there is anything you need or want and we'll get it for you and pass it on to your mum and dad to bring up to the hospital...(they must be so busy just now)

Take care - we're all thinking of you.

Robert, Amanda Mark & Euan.