Monday 5 May 2008

An overdue update

I'm pleased to announce that I've been discharged from hospital, as of last Wednesday, thereby concluding (hopefully forever) my cancer treatment. While I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet, and there's a long road of recovery even if everything goes perfectly, it is nice to have this milestone out of the way. Other than biweekly clinics and the odd transfusion of blood or platelets, I shouldn't have to spend any more time in hospital.

I'm feeling generally okay, day to day, apart from the tiredness. I'm told I should start perking up in a month or so. My skin is quite dry after the radiotherapy, but moisturiser seems to keep that under control. All that's left to do now is wait six months or so for my immunosuppressants to be tailed off and for my strength to return.

This might be my last post here for a while, I think; I don't envisage a lot more excitement in this treatment regimen. No news is good news.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray for the last post!


cheers
Clare and All at The Anchorage